7.08.2010

Front Porch Upcycling

It's still a work in progress, but I have to brag a little about my hubby. Let me start by saying, when we bought our house the front porch was blah. On the heels of the house repaint it was decided that several exterior renovations needed to be finished before the paint went on. This included a complete remodel of the front porch. I saw the plans. But when I saw the project in real life I felt so proud. I mean, I think my hubby is the bee's knees, but I'm also biased.

Before it's finished, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak of why I think my architect is so cool. The ceiling board, which you see in the picture below, is Douglas Fir. It came from the cabinets that he removed from the basement. How's that for some upcycling! I think it looks awesome.

1 comment:

Teah said...

Oh My Gosh!! So well done!