7.27.2010

According to Chloe

This is lettuce that came from our garden this past weekend. I spent nearly 5 hours weeding in and around the vegetable boxes on Sunday morning. In the afternoon I cut this head of lettuce to take to a BBQ at the Boyd's. When I brought it into the kitchen to rinse and wrap up hubby wanted to measure it. I know, I know. It was 18 inches though - and that's big for a head of lettuce.

In other news, our 4 year-old neighbor Chloe helped me water some plants last night in her Disney Princess swimsuit, faux pearl necklace, and plastic dress up heels. She was watering the roses while I was pulling weeds around them. I said, "Chloe, I don't know how I'll ever keep up with all of this weeding. They just grow so fast." She said, "They should put on flower costumes so they will be prettier and then you won't have to weed them."
I have decided that sometimes Chloe has good very good ideas.

No comments: