9.01.2011

Bye-bye Bathroom

I can't believe I waited this long to post a goodbye bathroom story. Without delaying this any further, let me lay it all out for you.

It's the night before it all gets torn out and I'm sitting on the couch with my hubby (and the cat) watching bad TV. Meanwhile, there's a new bathtub sitting under a tarp in the driveway and a toilet, pedestal sink, and all sorts of other bathroom-type stuff down in the basement. Hubby's got stacks of plans, schedules and contracts all over the kitchen table and he's ready for demo.

There's going to be a lot going on pretty soon and that bathroom is small, so in the midst of hubby's planning and organizing I made an executive decision and opted to leave town during the majority of the demo and remodel. Yup, you read it here, I'm not participating. I'm leaving all the decisions up to my architect/contractor. I trust him because he's cute.

Don't get me wrong, I got the tile and toilet I wanted and I still get to pick the paint color - but he gets to do everything else. And I think he likes it better that way.

Right now this whole thing seems very anti-climatic. Like I'm going to leave a pink plastic tiled bathroom and come back nine days later to a shiny new bathroom. If I were only that lucky!
Fast-forward - the next morning I was all packed in the rental car. Six days away from home/remodel/demo. Yay for me!

No comments: