6.26.2009

Before & After

One of my favorite websites is designsponge. I look at it almost daily for inspiration and ideas for decoration or remodeling.

One of the coolest features on the site is the 'before and after' section.

It does feel like our entire house is a monster 'before and after' project - but while hubby is tearing up countertops, drilling in walls, and cutting tile, I've got to have something of my own to do, right?

Here's my first real Before & After:

  • 5 chairs on Craigslist.
  • New fabric from Ikea.
  • New paint and varnish (and several brushes).
  • New staple gun.
1. Removed seats from chair.
2. Remove backing.
3. Sanded and painted chairs.
4. Applied new fabric to seats
5. Reattached backing to seats
6. Varnished newly painted chairs
7. Reattached seats to chairs
Voila!

2 comments:

Scott and Teah said...

So proud of you! Great job on the chairs! and the tile work too! So glad that you post the pictures!

Love ya,
Teah

J Manson Squared said...

I LOVE the chairs! They look so good. Makes me look around our house to see what we can re-do...