12.29.2011

Holiday Treats

Since I can remember, my favorite thing to do when opening Christmas gifts, is try to wear them or use them. As a little kid I would immediately put on a new sweater, ski goggles, Rollerblades, or even ski boots and wear them nonstop for the next day or week or more. I'm sure it was a little ridiculous, but still fun for me. And probably a little fun for the gift giver...

As a grownup, it's really no different. This year for Christmas, I got a super awesome pair of Hunter boots from my hubby....
and a fantastic gift from our family across the pond. This little garlic shredder works really well with mashed potatoes. You can't really see in the picture, but this is a handmade, ceramic dish that has all these little spikes in the middle of it. You rub a garlic clove across the plate and Voila! instant mashed/shredded garlic. I love kitchen gadgets! Especially cool ones invented by the Brits.

No comments: