10.14.2009

Year 2, Day 1

I'd heard from other married folks that alternating the person making anniversary plans keep things interesting. Year number 1 was my year, so I planned a sunset sail in Elliott Bay (which by the way if you've never done, do it with the guys at Sailing Seattle) with a picnic dinner and a bottle of champagne. Earlier in the week my hubby had suprised me, which is very hard to do, with a beautiful watch that I'd been wanting for a long time. I was able to surprise him, with the help of our good friends Chad & Wendy, with a replica of the Mies van der Rohe Barcelona Chair. Hubby has wanted this chair since around the time he decided he wanted to be an architect and have a fixer-upper house. I found an amazing replica at Area 51. He was so surprised when we got home from our sail and the chair was in the living room!!
Sunset over the Olympic Mountains
What a beautiful city!
The chair!! It's so comfy and looks great in the living room. Hubby looks great too (right)!?

3 comments:

Scott and Teah said...

Glad you two had a great first year and first anniversary! We love you both so very much!

Hugs and Kisses
Mom and Dad Beasley

PS: Erin makes a great son-in-law! Thanks for sharing him with us. ;)

J Manson Squared said...

Hooray for a wonderful anniversary celebration and kick-ass surprises from each other. Hopefully you can chill out a bit and have a bit calmer 2nd year. Love you guys!

Mrs. Michael Boyd said...

Amazing!!! I love the anniversary swapping idea and am going to steal it!! xo