1.14.2011

Tagged

I really do believe that we live in a great neighborhood. In fact, some of the best public schools in Seattle are just a few blocks from us. It's a neighborhood full of parks, gardens, and well loved homes, and our neighbors are some of the most amazing and generous people we know. We LOVE where we live. That's why I was so shocked when the stone wall in front of our house was tagged. We found out about the graffiti via a mid-day email from our neighbor across the street who we lovingly call 'Mrs. Kravitz'. After doing a bit of digging it turns out that the entire neighborhood got hit in the early hours of the morning. This is a post from our neighborhood blog, Wallyhood.
I've never had to file a police report before and I hope I never have to again. I do have to say that outside of the crazy phone tree, the Seattle Police Department was super helpful and called me back immediately regarding the problem. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a resolution or a fix for graffit. SPD does asks you to submit receipts itemizing how much clean up cost. Lucky for us, it was nothing - just an hour of my Sunday morning. It's hard not to feel a little bit violated by someone damaging your property - I'm just glad we have our own Mrs. Kravitz looking out for us each day.

No comments: